http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmAyKOONzWo
After reviewing my pitch a few times, first of all why with the Big Sun Shades? I want to
declare to everyone that during the pitch day, I had an eye injury due to contacts lenses fixing gone
wrong, and my eyes were unbearably painful and all teary and I was literally blind. I had to count my steps when walking to the boardroom and nobody noticed that. I had to always pat the eye surrounding area which appear to people
that I was a nervous freak. Make The Pitch should explain that to the audience
instead because people apparently are more concern about me wearing the big
shades rather than pay attention to my pitch.
Secondly I found out that there were a lot of
misunderstandings coming from the panels such as the target market.
1st my target market is not at all students I couldn't read the other day due to an acute eye injury. It is stated very clearly in my
proposal that the target markets are the people below:
1.
Local visitors/relatives
a.
Comes back for kenduri (weddings) & festive
seasonb. Needs affordable lodging prior to registration & graduation day of their children in colleges nearby (imagine graduation and registration every other month)
i. MRSM Balik Pulau
ii. Kolej Kolej Kemahiran Tinggi MARA (KKTM),
iii. Kolej Teknologi Pulau (KTP)
iv. Tourism University being developed near its western coast of Pantai Acheh (just 1km from the proposed site)
2. Foreigners/ researchers because of the many local attractions
- Nature
- i. Penang National park,
- ii. firefly watching
- iii. Local Fruit orchard
- iv. traditional fishing village, open sea fishing trip
- v. Scenic view of nature, rice fields, mangroves tress with so many species of exotic birds (ornithologist favorite spots)
- vi. traditional local food, cultural performance, local handicraft
- Places of worships
- i. Xuan Wu Chinese Temple - Constructed in the 1800s , this bright-red, Chinese temple is home to traditional Chinese operas in March and July.
- ii. Sacret Heart Catholic Church, Balik Pulau Built in 1854.
No wonder I stumbled upon my words to answer their
question because I don’t even remember mentioning students in my proposal; students
registering and graduating yes but not student renting.
And they kept repeating the RM4000
a month rental. To make it clear I will show you the breakdown so you will have
a better idea how things actually are:-
Options Chargers (RM)
Room/house rates
Per room per night 60**
Per room per night 60**
Per room per week (7 days) 350
Whole house per night 150
Whole house per week (7 days) 900
**the charges are subject to change
from time to time
And all the houses (2 bedrooms, living
room, kitchen and bathroom) are equipped with:-
• Simple
& basic –
• For
budget traveller
q Bed,
Fan, hot shower & sitting WC
q Stove,
Fridge, TV, Wi-Fiq Basic amenities that promises comfort and a good night sleep
• For people who needed the little extras
q Air
conditioning
q Cable
TV
Is that still expensive? Compared to a hotel RM160.00 per
room per night, and you get a whole house for RM130.00 per day which is
comparatively affordable.
As for the professionals who will run the business:-
Most transaction will be carry out online, there will be a mini front desk and an operation centre since there will be a lot of units there. At present, i only assinged a caretaker to pass keys to the visitors and clean up the place when they leave and when the occupants request or it. there is no need to hire professionals for time being but if the scale of the business eventually expanded, we will definitely cater to it.
I really hope that this will clear up the misunderstandings
that were highlighted during my pitch.

I think RM4000 per house of rental isn't very far off,
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, the producer have cut the pitch to make the program interesting.. but as an entrepreneur, we just have to continue believe ourself, and continue to growth our business..
Wish you luck!
Coolboy KL
i.e James Khoo
secQ.me Founder
This is really a nice and informative, containing all information and also has a great impact on the new technology. Check it out here: Chartered surveyors
ReplyDelete