Pages

briefly about me...

My photo
I am very rough and tough but at the same time fragile and sensitive. I am very straight forward but sometimes i prefer to be reserved. I am very friendly but sometimes i just want to be alone. I am very bold but simple... i am very ambitious but always a daydreamer...i have many good friends and i trusted them all, for me friends are for keep. I am a big eater but there is a lot of edible things that i don’t eat. I am always on the go but sometimes i prefer sleeping, i am about to pursue with the highest level of education but there are still a lot of things that i need to learn... I’m very particular about things but not disciplined enough to do things accordingly. After all i am just a normal imperfect creation like the rest of us who needs to eat n sleep n do other things that other people do...I love cars.. Motorbikes, partying but i also enjoy cooking, sewing n gardening... i consider myself a multitasking person.. An All Rounder and i am proud of it! On top of all things... i thank god for giving me the chance to walk this world. To be where i am now and the person i have grown to be..

Friday, November 25, 2011

design failures and more!

i have traveled to a lot and places and my eyes notice a lot of designs/construction/buildings that look fine to the commoners eyes but they seems not quite right to mine..

For instance, last week i went to B-Suite Hotel for my son's graduation and saw this:-




Disregard the lady with the ballon, pay attention to the HANDRAIL instead. What is the purpose of a handrail build on staircase? It is no doubt for SAFETY. I don't think using a fragile material for handrail is a good idea. Esthetic yes but safety NO! there is no compromise to safety!

I went there for my kid graduation, so there were so many kids around. kids love to run around the places and push each other really hard and jump on each other like what people did in wresting anywhere they feel like. Imagine what would happened if they suddenly throw themselves against the glasses.. the glas would break and they will  get hurt by the pieces and miggt even fall off.. it is going to be a nightmare..

The glass is thick all right it is half inch in thickness, but i am not at all confident. advise to all building owners and designers especially, if you want to design something for safety, please do it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment